Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Senior Diary: Danielle Kelton looks at the ups and downs of last week's performance

Every year I have been at McMurry there is a time in our season were we struggle. I don’t know if that is just how things go or what, but it always happens. The past couple of weeks we have been really struggling as a team to work together and finish a game. This past week we played a tough game against Hardin-Simmons. We lost in three, and at this point I think everyone was just ready to scream. We had an opportunity for everyone to get some things off their chests; we had to do something before our first home game of the season. By doing this I think it was in a way a stress reliever for everyone, for me I know it was. Thursday we had a really tough but awesome practice, everyone was back to normal and ready to play. We won both of our games in front of our home crowd against Sul Ross and Schreiner in three sets.

I really think the true test will be this weekend at the ASC crossover tournament in Tyler. We play UTD, UT Tyler, and Letourneau, they have always been tough competition in the past. We have this whole week to practice we don’t have any weak games so this will allow us to continue to work on the things we need to work on like, playing together and finishing a game. I know we are all ready to get on a winning streak.

Danielle Kelton

No comments:

Post a Comment