Tuesday, February 9, 2010
Baseball gallery, football recruiting update
Baseball season was welcomed Sunday with mid-30's degree weather and a loss to NCAA Division II West Texas A&M. McMurry will try and rebound with a win Friday at noon against New Mexico Highlands and then will play another game Saturday at noon against the University of the Southwest. Our talented contact photographer, Brian Schmidt, took some photos of the baseball game Sunday and I posted 12 of them on the web site. Check them here.
The NCAA Division III rules don't allow high school students or transfers to sign national letters of intent. So on the big day when players declare where they are going to college, while it is binding for D1 and D2 schools, a high school athlete who declares they are going to a D3 school can change their minds at any point.
That being said, there were a few football players from around the area that said they would be continuing their playing careers at McMurry, see some of the posts below.
• Abilene Cooper's QB Heslep to McMurry (ARN)
• Albany's RB Hudson considering several D2 and D3 schools (ARN)
• Abilene High's Mosley, Gorman and Brooks plan to attend McMurry (ARN)
• Abilene Cooper's Beck, Lowry and Beall plan to go to McMurry (ARN)
• Huntsville's Collier and Smith speak well of McMurry in decision (Huntsville Item)
Stay tuned ...