Thursday, August 13, 2009

Fall season underway with first practice

I walked onto the field at 7:35 p.m. Practice was supposed to start at 8 p.m. The team was already out on the field, organized and running warm up drills. Assistant head coach Mason Miller told the team Wednesday in its first meeting that if you are five minutes early, you are on time. I was 25 minutes early, and I was late. Another thing I noticed, right off the bat, there were fans in the stands, and not just on the press box side. I would say an estimated 75 fans came to watch, all three television stations were represented, the Abilene Reporter News photographer was there, and the Abilene Ruff Riders head coach Gerald Dockery made an appearance.

You won't need me to tell you much about the first practice, because coach Mumme will do that for you in this video. Video coverage, by the way, has been made possible by the flip camera phone I received FOR FREE at the American Southwest Conference Sports Information Director's meeting last week. Thanks to ASC SID Greg Weghorst for making that possible.

Be sure and look at the photo gallery here, before you jump into the video below:



I'm going to go ahead and post Friday's schedule, being that this post was made at 11:31 p.m. on a Thursday night:
7:30 A.M. - WAKE UP
8:00 A.M. - BREAKFAST
9:00 A.M. - MEETINGS/ WEIGHTS
(OFFENSIVE & DEFENSIVE ALTERNATES WEIGHTS)
12:00 P.M. - LUNCH
1:00 P.M. - MEETINGS (OFFENSIVE & DEFENSIVE)
5:00 P.M. - DINNER
6:00 P.M. - TAPE & TREATMENT
8:00 P.M. - PRACTICE #2 (HELMETS)

No comments:

Post a Comment