Monday, August 24, 2009

Senior Diary: Danielle Kelton prepares for her fourth and final season of volleyball at McMurry

This week was our first week of two-a-days, and while being the one and only senior is very exciting, it’s also very sad at the same time. This year is different; coming into this season I didn’t know what to expect because this year we have 24 players on the team. But, to my surprise it has been wonderful. Everyone came in excited and ready to work out hard, people have worked hard throughout the summer and you can really tell. The coaches have been very organized; we are getting a lot of conditioning and by setting up two nets during practice, everyone is getting a lot of touches on the ball. It is very exciting having this many people and so much talent on one team. Knowing that someone could take your place at any moment really makes everyone work hard and want to be the best of the best. The new girls are wonderful and I am so blessed to have them all on my team my last year at McMurry. We are really beginning to mesh well. I really feel confident in this team of 24. I can’t wait to see what the season holds for us.

-- Danielle Kelton

1 comment:

  1. Good luck for a great and safe season! hope to see you play. Charme

    ReplyDelete