Sunday, August 30, 2009

Senior Diary: Danielle Kelton sees the mix of old and new coming together in final week before the volleyball season

As the weeks pass to our first game I am becoming more and more confident in our team this year. Last year we had a very good team and we lost several crucial players. They were not just great players, but they brought enthusiasm, encouragement, and positivity to the team. It was sad for several of us not to have them around, and I would catch myself looking for them. I am so excited to get to know each one of the new girls. With, having so many new players, it is best to know them not only on the court but off the court as well. This year we all want to be united on and off the court. We try to eat together and hangout whenever we can. I believe that being united off the court will come natural when we are on the court. This week, the newcomers really opened up, and they are beginning to fit in well with us. They bring that extra excitement and positivity to the team. There is great talent all the way around on this team. I have no worries that if someone has to come in off the bench, that the level of play will decrease a single bit. We have depth and I love it! We have our first games this coming weekend September 4th and 5th in Sherman. I absolutely can’t wait to put everything together in an actual game.

--Danielle Kelton

No comments:

Post a Comment